Healthcare acquired infections have been on the increase for a number of years. In order to prevent these it is essential that all people connected with the industry raise their knowledge and awareness of the ways in which these can be reduced. This course covers all of the information and techniques required to deal with infection. It centres on what an infection is and how we can deal with these in the best way possible.
To enable the learner to have an understanding of basic infection control, transmission of infection and the chain of infection, and how to minimise the risk of cross infection.
The learner will be able to:
- Describe what an infection is
- Describe the different types of infection and the body’s own mechanisms to fight infection
- Define the chain of infection
- Explain how to prevent and control infection
- Describe the process of effective hand washing
- Explain several safe practice procedures